Gary Payton Net Worth: Gary Payton is an American former professional basketball player who has a net worth of $130 million. Gary Payton gained his net worth by playing for the Seattle SuperSonics for 13 years, and also playing for the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers. Born Gary Dwayne Payton on July 23, 1968, in Oakland, California, he is best known for his 13-year tenure with the Seattle SuperSonics. Payton has also played for other NBA teams such as Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. Thanks to his tenacious defense, he earned the nickname "The Glove," while his other tag "The Mouth" came from his excessive trash-talking on the court. Payton first showed his potential while in college as he became one of the most decorated basketball players in the history of Oregon State University. Shortly after his graduation from OSU, he got selected as the 2nd overall pick by the Seattle SuperSonics in the first round of the 1990 NBA Draft. Ever since, he has embarked on a successful, almost two-decade-long NBA career. Among other recognitions, Gary Payton is the only point guard who has ever received an NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.
Gary Payton Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 23, 1968 (47 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
181 lbs (82 kg)
Gary Dwayne Payton, The Glove
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Saudi Billionaire Trying To Use Diplomatic Immunity To Get Out Of Potentially VERY Expensive Divorceon Feb 9, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
Gary Payton Earnings
Click to Expand
- Miami Heat (2006-07)$1,178,348
- Miami Heat (2005-06)$1,138,500
- Boston Celtics (2004-05)$5,408,700
- Los Angeles Lakers (2003-04)$4,917,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (2002-03)$12,636,117
- Seattle SuperSonics (2001-02)$12,926,493
- Seattle SuperSonics (2000-01)$12,200,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1999-00)$11,020,473
- Seattle SuperSonics (1998-99)$8,715,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1997-98)$10,514,688
- Seattle SuperSonics (1996-97)$10,212,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1995-96)$2,783,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1994-95)$2,583,300
- Seattle SuperSonics (1993-94)$2,383,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1992-93)$2,183,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1991-92)$1,883,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1990-91)$1,685,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever MadeWe know that television is big business, but you might be surprised to learn how much each episode of your favorite TV show can cost to make.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.