Dikembe Mutombo net worth and salary: Dikembe Mutombo is a retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $75 million. During his playing career, Dikembe Mutombo earned over $140 million in salary before taxes. Dikembe Mutombo has earned his net worth through his career in the NBA playing for teams such as Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76er's, New Jersey Nets, Atlanta Hawks, New York Nicks and his most recent, the Houston Rockets. He began his professional career with the Denver Nuggets in 1991 and made quite a name for himself, winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award. After five years with the Nuggets he signed a contract with the Atlanta Hawks, where he won two more NBA Defensive Player of the Year Awards, as well as NBA's IBM Award. In 2001 he was traded to the 76er's which gave him his fourth Defensive Player of the Year Award. Afterwards he played with the New Jersey Nets, but an injury prevented him from playing his best and he wasn't able to play in the playoffs. In 2003 Mutombo signed with the New York Knicks, but was later traded to the Chicago Bulls, and finally dealt to the Houston Rockets. In the game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Mutombo recorded five blocked shots. Since he was a free agent, he decided to finish out the 2008-09 season with the Rockets, making this his last tour. In the second game 2 in the playoffs against Portland, Mutombo injured his knee and was carried from the field, ending his career in basketball. He officially retired in 2009. Dikembe Mutombo was born in Kinshasa, DR Congo in 1966. He attended college at the University of Georgetown in Washington D.C. with the intentions of becoming a doctor, but was persuaded by the college basketball coach to play basketball. He also interned in the summer for the U.S. Congress and the World Bank. Mutombo is married to Rose Mutombo and they have six beautiful children. Dikembe Mutombo is not only known for his successful career in the NBA basketball, but for his many works as spokesman for CARE, an international relief agency, and for his founding of the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation which has helped to improve living conditions in his native land and helped to build a hospital on the outskirts of Kinshasa, using some of his own money. Mutombo, through his humanitarian works have helped so many low income families. Mutombo was honored by President George W. Bush in his 2007 State of the Union Address for all he's done to help those in need.
Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jun 25, 1966 (50 years old)
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
260 lbs (118 kg)
Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo, Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Elon Musk Wants Tesla To Buy SolarCity For $2.8 Billionon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
2016's Highest-Paid Female Athleteson Jun 22, 2016
America's Richest Self-Made Woman Guided Her Company To Huge Success After The Sudden Loss Of Her Husbandon Jun 23, 2016
The S-110 Evo Venta Black Is The "World's Blackest Watch," And It Costs $95,000on Jun 23, 2016
Dikembe Mutombo Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (2008-09)$794,491
- Houston Rockets (2007-08)$1,219,590
- Houston Rockets (2006-07)$2,210,000
- Houston Rockets (2005-06)$2,000,000
- Houston Rockets (2004-05)$4,496,434
- Brooklyn Nets (2004-05)$14,989,285
- New York Knicks (2003-04)$4,087,667
- Brooklyn Nets (2003-04)$13,626,624
- Brooklyn Nets (2002-03)$16,105,264
- Philadelphia 76ers (2001-02)$14,315,790
- Atlanta Hawks (2000-01)$14,400,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1999-00)$12,820,249
- Atlanta Hawks (1998-99)$11,218,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1997-98)$9,615,187
- Atlanta Hawks (1996-97)$8,013,000
- Denver Nuggets (1995-96)$3,250,000
- Denver Nuggets (1994-95)$3,100,000
- Denver Nuggets (1993-94)$3,000,000
- Denver Nuggets (1992-93)$2,400,000
- Denver Nuggets (1991-92)$2,005,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.
- The Largest Putting Tournament Ever Is Happening In Vegas Next Year, And You Could Go!With millions of dollars in prizes and options for everyone, it will be worth a trip to Vegas next year for the largest putting tournament in history. Do you think you have what it takes?