Dikembe Mutombo net worth and salary: Dikembe Mutombo is a retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $75 million. During his playing career, Dikembe Mutombo earned over $140 million in salary before taxes. Dikembe Mutombo has earned his net worth through his career in the NBA playing for teams such as Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76er's, New Jersey Nets, Atlanta Hawks, New York Nicks and his most recent, the Houston Rockets. He began his professional career with the Denver Nuggets in 1991 and made quite a name for himself, winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award. After five years with the Nuggets he signed a contract with the Atlanta Hawks, where he won two more NBA Defensive Player of the Year Awards, as well as NBA's IBM Award. In 2001 he was traded to the 76er's which gave him his fourth Defensive Player of the Year Award. Afterwards he played with the New Jersey Nets, but an injury prevented him from playing his best and he wasn't able to play in the playoffs. In 2003 Mutombo signed with the New York Knicks, but was later traded to the Chicago Bulls, and finally dealt to the Houston Rockets. In the game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Mutombo recorded five blocked shots. Since he was a free agent, he decided to finish out the 2008-09 season with the Rockets, making this his last tour. In the second game 2 in the playoffs against Portland, Mutombo injured his knee and was carried from the field, ending his career in basketball. He officially retired in 2009. Dikembe Mutombo was born in Kinshasa, DR Congo in 1966. He attended college at the University of Georgetown in Washington D.C. with the intentions of becoming a doctor, but was persuaded by the college basketball coach to play basketball. He also interned in the summer for the U.S. Congress and the World Bank. Mutombo is married to Rose Mutombo and they have six beautiful children. Dikembe Mutombo is not only known for his successful career in the NBA basketball, but for his many works as spokesman for CARE, an international relief agency, and for his founding of the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation which has helped to improve living conditions in his native land and helped to build a hospital on the outskirts of Kinshasa, using some of his own money. Mutombo, through his humanitarian works have helped so many low income families. Mutombo was honored by President George W. Bush in his 2007 State of the Union Address for all he's done to help those in need.
Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jun 25, 1966 (49 years old)
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
260 lbs (118 kg)
Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo, Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube Streamingon May 26, 2016
Dikembe Mutombo Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (2008-09)$794,491
- Houston Rockets (2007-08)$1,219,590
- Houston Rockets (2006-07)$2,210,000
- Houston Rockets (2005-06)$2,000,000
- Houston Rockets (2004-05)$4,496,434
- Brooklyn Nets (2004-05)$14,989,285
- New York Knicks (2003-04)$4,087,667
- Brooklyn Nets (2003-04)$13,626,624
- Brooklyn Nets (2002-03)$16,105,264
- Philadelphia 76ers (2001-02)$14,315,790
- Atlanta Hawks (2000-01)$14,400,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1999-00)$12,820,249
- Atlanta Hawks (1998-99)$11,218,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1997-98)$9,615,187
- Atlanta Hawks (1996-97)$8,013,000
- Denver Nuggets (1995-96)$3,250,000
- Denver Nuggets (1994-95)$3,100,000
- Denver Nuggets (1993-94)$3,000,000
- Denver Nuggets (1992-93)$2,400,000
- Denver Nuggets (1991-92)$2,005,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against GawkerPeter Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire who co-founded PayPal and was one of Facebook's earliest investors, admitted to funding Hulk Hogan's suit against Gawker. Why is he helping the wrestler win?
- Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and AccessoriesHow did one Malaysian student go through the millions of dollars that her bank accidentally transferred into her account? Designer duds – and lots of them.
- Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil IndependenceJohn Catsimatidis built a $2.3 billion fortune from one $10,000 grocery store. If he can end the U.S. dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, he will have cemented his legacy for generations to come.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.