Dikembe Mutombo net worth and salary: Dikembe Mutombo is a retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $75 million. During his playing career, Dikembe Mutombo earned over $140 million in salary before taxes. Dikembe Mutombo has earned his net worth through his career in the NBA playing for teams such as Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76er's, New Jersey Nets, Atlanta Hawks, New York Nicks and his most recent, the Houston Rockets. He began his professional career with the Denver Nuggets in 1991 and made quite a name for himself, winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award. After five years with the Nuggets he signed a contract with the Atlanta Hawks, where he won two more NBA Defensive Player of the Year Awards, as well as NBA's IBM Award. In 2001 he was traded to the 76er's which gave him his fourth Defensive Player of the Year Award. Afterwards he played with the New Jersey Nets, but an injury prevented him from playing his best and he wasn't able to play in the playoffs. In 2003 Mutombo signed with the New York Knicks, but was later traded to the Chicago Bulls, and finally dealt to the Houston Rockets. In the game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Mutombo recorded five blocked shots. Since he was a free agent, he decided to finish out the 2008-09 season with the Rockets, making this his last tour. In the second game 2 in the playoffs against Portland, Mutombo injured his knee and was carried from the field, ending his career in basketball. He officially retired in 2009. Dikembe Mutombo was born in Kinshasa, DR Congo in 1966. He attended college at the University of Georgetown in Washington D.C. with the intentions of becoming a doctor, but was persuaded by the college basketball coach to play basketball. He also interned in the summer for the U.S. Congress and the World Bank. Mutombo is married to Rose Mutombo and they have six beautiful children. Dikembe Mutombo is not only known for his successful career in the NBA basketball, but for his many works as spokesman for CARE, an international relief agency, and for his founding of the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation which has helped to improve living conditions in his native land and helped to build a hospital on the outskirts of Kinshasa, using some of his own money. Mutombo, through his humanitarian works have helped so many low income families. Mutombo was honored by President George W. Bush in his 2007 State of the Union Address for all he's done to help those in need.
Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jun 25, 1966
United States of America
7 ft 1 in (2.18 m)
260 lbs (118 kg)
Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo, Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Trick Daddy Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcyon Sep 1, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
Alex Rodriguez Is Being Sued For $100 Million – By A Family Memberon Sep 1, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
Dikembe Mutombo Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (2008-09)$794,491
- Houston Rockets (2007-08)$1,219,590
- Houston Rockets (2006-07)$2,210,000
- Houston Rockets (2005-06)$2,000,000
- Houston Rockets (2004-05)$4,496,434
- Brooklyn Nets (2004-05)$14,989,285
- New York Knicks (2003-04)$4,087,667
- Brooklyn Nets (2003-04)$13,626,624
- Brooklyn Nets (2002-03)$16,105,264
- Philadelphia 76ers (2001-02)$14,315,790
- Atlanta Hawks (2000-01)$14,400,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1999-00)$12,820,249
- Atlanta Hawks (1998-99)$11,218,000
- Atlanta Hawks (1997-98)$9,615,187
- Atlanta Hawks (1996-97)$8,013,000
- Denver Nuggets (1995-96)$3,250,000
- Denver Nuggets (1994-95)$3,100,000
- Denver Nuggets (1993-94)$3,000,000
- Denver Nuggets (1992-93)$2,400,000
- Denver Nuggets (1991-92)$2,005,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Julio Jones Latest Wide Receiver To Sign Big Money DealThe off-season of the wide receiver continued with Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones signing a $71.25 million contract extension, with $47.5 million guaranteed.
- Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Turns Down $60 million/Year TV Deal – And He's Not Crazy!Steve Ballmer turned the NBA on its head when he bought the Clippers for a record-setting $2 billion. He may be doing so again after turning down a $60 million/season television deal.
- Trent Williams Just Became The Highest-Paid Tackle In NFL History… How Much Will He Make?It's a good day for Trent Williams, who just signed a record-breaking contract to remain with Washington. Just how much will he earn?
- Daniel Ek Set Out To Disrupt The Music Industry... So He Created Spotify And Made $400 MillionSpotify's Daniel Ek has built a way to make music available to listeners for free without piracy issues, while at the same time offering a sustainable revenue model to musicians and investors. Here is how he did it...