Darryl Dawkins Net Worth: Darryl Dawkins is a retired American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $5 million. Born on January 11, 1957 in Orlando, Florida, Dawkins is most noted for his days with the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Nets. He also played for the Detroit Pistons and Utah Jazz (even though briefly) late in his career. Teenage Dawkins first showed his talent for b-ball in high school, after which he became one of the few to go straight to the NBA. He spent 14 years in the league, where he averaged double figures in scoring nine times and often ranked among the league leaders in field-goal percentage. Furthermore, he has made it to the NBA Finals three times as a member of the Philadelphia 76ers in the late 1970s and early 1980s. On the other side, Dawkins set an NBA record for fouls in a season (386 in 1983-84), never quite living up to the expectations that had been heaped upon him after he was selected out of high school. However, he is still remembered for his powerful dunks that earned him the nickname, Chocolate Thunder. Following his NBA career, Dawkins was hired as the head coach of the American Basketball Association's Newark Express and Pennsylvania ValleyDawgs of the United States Basketball League, respectively. Off the court, he penned his autobiography titled Chocolate Thunder: The Uncensored Life and Times of Darryl Dawkins, co-authored with Charley Rosen. The book narrates his on and off-the-court life as an NBA star. Dawkins currently lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Darryl Dawkins Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 11, 1957
United States of America
251 lbs (114 kg)
Chocolate Thunder, The Dawk
Selling His Terminator Rights For $1 Enabled James Cameron To Earn $700 Million. But It's Still His Biggest Regret.on Jul 6, 2015
How A 2-Minute YouTube Video Turned Into A Six-Figure Income And A New Career For One Lucky Fatheron Jul 7, 2015
Screwed Out Of A Massive Fortune But Still The Reluctant Face Of The Company - The Insane Story Of Burt's Bees Founder Burt Shavitzon Jul 6, 2015
Wait Till You Hear How Much Lil Wayne Charges For A 15 Minute Club Performance...on Jul 5, 2015
How Katy Perry Became The Highest Paid Entertainer In The Worldon Jul 6, 2015
How To Choke Your Way Out Of $100 Million – The Rise And Fall Of Latrell Sprewellon Jul 6, 2015
The Final, Final, Final Paycheck Numbers For Mayweather-Pacquiao Were Just Released... And They Are Staggering!!!on Jul 3, 2015
The 40 Richest Americans Of All Time – Inflation Adjustedon Jul 4, 2015
The Grateful Dead Is An Iconic Band Making Their Final Rounds.. So How Much Are They All Worth After 50 Years?on Jul 6, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
Darryl Dawkins Earnings
- Detroit Pistons (1988-89)$300,000
- Brooklyn Nets (1985-86)$808,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How A 2-Minute YouTube Video Turned Into A Six-Figure Income And A New Career For One Lucky FatherIn 2009, David DeVore, Sr., uploaded a video to YouTube of his son after visiting the dentist. Six years later and that video is still supporting the entire family.
- Selling His Terminator Rights For $1 Enabled James Cameron To Earn $700 Million. But It's Still His Biggest Regret.In the 1980s, James Cameron sold the rights to a concept he'd come up with for $1, with one proviso: That he be able to direct the movie. Was this brilliant or horrendously stupid?
- The Grateful Dead Is An Iconic Band Making Their Final Rounds.. So How Much Are They All Worth After 50 Years?The Grateful Dead certainly don't seem like the type of guys who got into rock and roll for the money but they have made tons of it.
- Screwed Out Of A Massive Fortune But Still The Reluctant Face Of The Company - The Insane Story Of Burt's Bees Founder Burt ShavitzBut Shavitz is the iconic co-founder Burt's Bees. His name and face are on every product the company sells. But he lost out on a massive fortune thanks to one stroke of a pen.