Darryl Dawkins Net Worth: Darryl Dawkins was a retired American professional basketball player who had a net worth of $5 million. Born on January 11, 1957 in Orlando, Florida, Dawkins is most noted for his days with the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Nets. He also played for the Detroit Pistons and Utah Jazz (even though briefly) late in his career. Teenage Dawkins first showed his talent for b-ball in high school, after which he became one of the few to go straight to the NBA. He spent 14 years in the league, where he averaged double figures in scoring nine times and often ranked among the league leaders in field-goal percentage. Furthermore, he has made it to the NBA Finals three times as a member of the Philadelphia 76ers in the late 1970s and early 1980s. On the other side, Dawkins set an NBA record for fouls in a season (386 in 1983-84), never quite living up to the expectations that had been heaped upon him after he was selected out of high school. However, he is still remembered for his powerful dunks that earned him the nickname, Chocolate Thunder. Following his NBA career, Dawkins was hired as the head coach of the American Basketball Association's Newark Express and Pennsylvania ValleyDawgs of the United States Basketball League, respectively. Off the court, he penned his autobiography titled Chocolate Thunder: The Uncensored Life and Times of Darryl Dawkins, co-authored with Charley Rosen. The book narrates his on and off-the-court life as an NBA star. Dawkins currently lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, Darryl Dawkins died on August 27, 2015 at the age of 58.
Darryl Dawkins Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jan 11, 1957 (58 years old)
United States of America
251 lbs (114 kg)
Chocolate Thunder, The Dawk
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Model Sues Lil Wayne's Trukfit Clothing Lineon Nov 29, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
Tony Robbins' Secret To Wealth Is All About Perspectiveon Nov 29, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving Pledgeon Nov 30, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
This Financial Analyst Wants To Eradicate Veteran Povertyon Nov 30, 2015
Darryl Dawkins Earnings
- Detroit Pistons (1988-89)$300,000
- Brooklyn Nets (1985-86)$808,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USFun Fact: Did you know that Ben Carson's business manager is also the country's largest black TV station owner?! Well, you do now!
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict; Mark Cuban's Hoverboard; Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job; And A Billionaire ShakeupSometimes billionaire news just makes us laugh here at Celebrity Net Worth, so we're debuting a new feature, the Billionaire Roundup, to keep you up-to-date on what the 1% of the 1% are doing with their time, energy, and money.
- Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity EventFor once, Mark Cuban was happy to pay a fine for his notoriously bad language.