Darius Miles Net Worth
Darius Miles net worth: Darius Miles is a former professional basketball player who has a net worth of -$1 million. Darius Miles was born in Belleville, Illinois, and graduated from East St. Louis Senior High School. He was drafted to the NBA directly out of high school. The Los Angeles Clippers signed him in 2000, and he began playing immediately. His first two NBA seasons were successful and he earned NBA All-Rookie First Team honors in 2001. He then spent the next year and a half playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, and was then traded to the Portland Trail Blazers. His time with the Trail Blazers, while largely successful on the court, was not successful off the court. He clashed with Maurice Cheeks, the then-coach of the Trail Blazers, and was suspended for substance abuse. He injured his knee badly, and was benched from 2006-2008 in order to recover. He was ultimately released from his contract. He was offered the chance to practice with the Boston Celtics in 2008, but was not invited to join the team. He signed with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2008, and eventually signed with them for the rest of the season. However, they renounced their rights when the Trail Blazers threatened to sue any team that played Miles beyond 10 games. 10 games would require the team to pay his salary. The NBA Commissioner's Office stepped in, and he was eventually signed with the Grizzles again through 2009.
Despite earning $66 million in salary during his time in the NBA plus millions more from endorsements, in June 2016 Darius filed for bankruptcy. In September 2016, Darius filed documents that showed he had $500,000 in assets and $1.5 million in liabilities.
Date of Birth
Darius Miles Earnings
- Portland Trail Blazers (2009-10)$9,000,000
- Memphis Grizzlies (2008-09)$704,752
- Portland Trail Blazers (2008-09)$9,000,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2007-08)$8,250,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2006-07)$7,750,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2005-06)$7,250,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2004-05)$6,750,000
- Cleveland Cavaliers (2003-04)$4,130,701
- Cleveland Cavaliers (2002-03)$3,267,960
- Los Angeles Clippers (2001-02)$3,054,840
- Los Angeles Clippers (2000-01)$2,841,720