Clyde Drexler Net Worth: Clyde Drexler is an American (retired) professional basketball swingman who has a net worth of $25 million. Clyde Austin Drexler (aka The Glide) was born June 22, 1962 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Throughout his career, he was a ten-time All-Star and named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. Drexler won an Olympic gold medal in 1992 as part of the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team (The Dream Team) and an NBA Championship in 1995 with the Houston Rockets. He is a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee (inducted in 2004 for his individual career and again in 2010 as a member of the Dream Team) Drexler currently serves as color commentator for Rockets home games. During his educational years, Drexler majored in finance and worked at a bank during the summer. In 1993, Drexler was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers, where his second season turned out to be his 'breakout season'. During the 1991–92 season, he made the All-NBA First Team and finished second to Michael Jordan in MVP voting. On February 14, 1995, with the Blazers out of serious contention for a championship, Portland honored Drexler's request to be traded to a contender and sent Drexler back home to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Otis Thorpe in mid-season, just before the trade deadline. Head Coach of the University of Houston, Guy Lewis, recalled in 2003 that he initially received hate mail from Houston supporters and alumni for recruiting Drexler, as they felt that he was not good enough to play for the school.
Clyde Drexler Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jun 22, 1962 (53 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 6 in (2 m)
209 lbs (95 kg)
Clyde Austin Drexler
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Rita Ora Slapped With A $2.4 Million Lawsuit From Roc Nationon Feb 10, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Clyde Drexler Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$9,810,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1994-95)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1993-94)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1992-93)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1991-92)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1990-91)$1,180,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1988-89)$1,200,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1987-88)$350,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1985-86)$420,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?Celebrities and billionaires alike flock to St. Barts every winter to soak up the sun, party, and dine in luxury. But what makes St. Barts so special?
- How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball CardsNothing beats opening up a pack of baseball cards. And for former Angels pitcher DeWayne Buice, baseball cards earned him way more money than playing in the Major Leagues ever did.
- Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As MuchFor a car that was once split in half, it is amazing to learn that this car has sold for about three times its original value!
- Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism LawsuitSurviving members of Led Zeppelin were recently deposed as part of a copyright infringement case for the song Stairway to Heaven, often recognized as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.