Clyde Drexler Net Worth: Clyde Drexler is an American (retired) professional basketball swingman who has a net worth of $25 million. Clyde Austin Drexler (aka The Glide) was born June 22, 1962 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Throughout his career, he was a ten-time All-Star and named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. Drexler won an Olympic gold medal in 1992 as part of the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team (The Dream Team) and an NBA Championship in 1995 with the Houston Rockets. He is a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee (inducted in 2004 for his individual career and again in 2010 as a member of the Dream Team) Drexler currently serves as color commentator for Rockets home games. During his educational years, Drexler majored in finance and worked at a bank during the summer. In 1993, Drexler was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers, where his second season turned out to be his 'breakout season'. During the 1991–92 season, he made the All-NBA First Team and finished second to Michael Jordan in MVP voting. On February 14, 1995, with the Blazers out of serious contention for a championship, Portland honored Drexler's request to be traded to a contender and sent Drexler back home to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Otis Thorpe in mid-season, just before the trade deadline. Head Coach of the University of Houston, Guy Lewis, recalled in 2003 that he initially received hate mail from Houston supporters and alumni for recruiting Drexler, as they felt that he was not good enough to play for the school.
Clyde Drexler Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Clyde Austin Drexler
Date of Birth
United States of America
6 ft 6 in (2 m)
209 lbs (95 kg)
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
Billionaire Offers $250,000 To Anyone Who Streaks In Front Of Chicago Mayer Rahm Emmanuelon Jul 1, 2015
Want To Know How Much Jeb Bush Made Every Year For The Last 33 Years??? Hint! – It's A Lot.on Jul 1, 2015
This Former Syrian Orphan Turned Billionaire Might Be The Most Incredible Example Of A Rags To Riches Story Everon Jul 1, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...on Jul 1, 2015
From Pumping Gas To A $6 Billion Fashion Fortune: The Rags To Riches Story Of Forever 21's Jin Sook And Do Won Changon Jun 23, 2015
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?on Jul 1, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
How Does The New Batmobile Compare To Previous Versions?on Jul 1, 2015
Clyde Drexler Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$9,810,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1994-95)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1993-94)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1992-93)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1991-92)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1990-91)$1,180,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1988-89)$1,200,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1987-88)$350,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1985-86)$420,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- This Former Syrian Orphan Turned Billionaire Might Be The Most Incredible Example Of A Rags To Riches Story EverThe phrase "rags to riches" gets thrown around a lot, but it rarely seems as appropriate as it does when describing Syran billionaire Mohed Altrad.
- Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...Long before there was a "Bobby Bonilla Day" there was a random NFL player who scored an equally interesting sports contract that can only end upon his death.
- Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?As you probably know, today is international Bobby Bonilla day. So, was Bobby's decision to take an annuity instead of lump sum actually that brilliant?
- Want To Know How Much Jeb Bush Made Every Year For The Last 33 Years??? Hint! – It's A Lot.Apparently, Republican Presidential Candidate Jeb Bush has nothing to hide when it comes to his personal finances, because he just released 33 years worth of tax returns. And I went through them all :)