Clyde Drexler Net Worth: Clyde Drexler is an American (retired) professional basketball swingman who has a net worth of $25 million. Clyde Austin Drexler (aka The Glide) was born June 22, 1962 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Throughout his career, he was a ten-time All-Star and named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. Drexler won an Olympic gold medal in 1992 as part of the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team (The Dream Team) and an NBA Championship in 1995 with the Houston Rockets. He is a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee (inducted in 2004 for his individual career and again in 2010 as a member of the Dream Team) Drexler currently serves as color commentator for Rockets home games. During his educational years, Drexler majored in finance and worked at a bank during the summer. In 1993, Drexler was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers, where his second season turned out to be his 'breakout season'. During the 1991–92 season, he made the All-NBA First Team and finished second to Michael Jordan in MVP voting. On February 14, 1995, with the Blazers out of serious contention for a championship, Portland honored Drexler's request to be traded to a contender and sent Drexler back home to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Otis Thorpe in mid-season, just before the trade deadline. Head Coach of the University of Houston, Guy Lewis, recalled in 2003 that he initially received hate mail from Houston supporters and alumni for recruiting Drexler, as they felt that he was not good enough to play for the school.
Clyde Drexler Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jun 22, 1962 (54 years old)
United States of America
6 ft 6 in (2 m)
209 lbs (95 kg)
Clyde Austin Drexler
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Clyde Drexler Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$5,500,000
- Houston Rockets (1995-96)$9,810,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1994-95)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1993-94)$1,578,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1992-93)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1991-92)$1,378,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1990-91)$1,180,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1988-89)$1,200,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1987-88)$350,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (1985-86)$420,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.