Charles Oakley is a retired American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $52 million. Charles Oakley has earned his net worth from his career as a power forward of the NBA. He played basketball with the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards and Houston Rockets. He was born on December 18, 1963 in Cleveland, Ohio; he went to college at a historically black university located in Richmond, Virginia known as Virginia Union University. Oakley is currently the assistant coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, a position he took after retiring as a player in the National Basketball Association. During his long professional playing career he won several awards and honors, he currently ranks 14th all-time in NBA games played with 1,282 games. Among these career honors are NBA All-Defensive First Team in 1994, NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 1998, NBA All-Rookie First Team in 1986 and NBA All- Star in 1994. He began his new career as assistant coach of the Charlotte Bobcats on December 23, 2010. Oakley claims he was assaulted on May 28, 2010 at the Aria Resort & Casino, located in Las Vegas by five of the companies security guards. In 2011 he filed a lawsuit against the Casino for the alleged incident. Oakley's impressive career records include; top ten in rebounds per game between 1987 and 1994 five times, led the league in total rebounds twice (1987 and 1988) and a record 107 starts in a single season. In 2007 it was announced that Oakley wanted to back a comeback, then age 44 although Dallas, Miami, Cleveland and New York were interested he said he would not comeback cheap, and has not played professional basketball since. The Bobcats were established in 2004 as an expansion team, they play in the Southeast Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Basketball Association.
Charles Oakley Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Dec 18, 1963
Basketball player, Coach
United States of America
245 lbs (111 kg)
50 Cent Just Released Surprising Details About His Current Financial Situation. Here Are The Highlights!!!on Aug 4, 2015
After Selling His Company For $600 Million, CEO Leaves Incredible Surprise For His Employeeson Aug 4, 2015
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Ten Facts You Might Have Not Known About Air Jordanson Aug 4, 2015
Antonio Brown Arrives At Steelers Training Camp In Half Million Dollar Rolls-Royceon Aug 4, 2015
Adidas Reportedly Just Offered James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nikeon Aug 3, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive Streets In The Worldon Aug 4, 2015
Wait Til You Hear What Snoop Dogg Was Caught With Today At An Italian Airporton Aug 3, 2015
If You Live On This Teeny Tiny Miami Island, You've Won The Game Of Lifeon Aug 2, 2015
Bill And Hillary Clinton Made An INSANE Amount Of Money Between 2007 And 2014on Aug 3, 2015
Charles Oakley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Washington Wizards (2002-03)$1,030,000
- Chicago Bulls (2001-02)$6,545,000
- Toronto Raptors (2000-01)$5,760,000
- Toronto Raptors (1999-00)$5,236,000
- Toronto Raptors (1998-99)$10,186,000
- New York Knicks (1997-98)$2,850,000
- New York Knicks (1996-97)$2,600,000
- New York Knicks (1995-96)$2,400,000
- New York Knicks (1994-95)$2,200,000
- New York Knicks (1993-94)$1,950,000
- New York Knicks (1992-93)$1,050,000
- New York Knicks (1991-92)$1,050,000
- New York Knicks (1990-91)$1,050,000
- New York Knicks (1988-89)$1,000,000
- Chicago Bulls (1987-88)$465,000
- Chicago Bulls (1985-86)$225,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- These Celebs Filed For Bankruptcy On More Than One Occasion!We always hear about celebs going broke, but you'd be surprised to know some even filed for bankruptcy – more than once!
- Weekend Box Office Review for July 31st-August 2ndMission: Impossible - Rogue Nation opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?
- Fetty Wap Achieved Two Major Accomplishments This WeekFetty Wap just put himself in the company of hip-hop royalty such as Lil Wayne and Eminem with these two recent accomplishments...
- A Truly Unique Pair Of Bugatti Veyrons Will Soon Be For Sale, But You're Gonna Need Deep Pockets!Luxury car buyers will have the opportunity to get their hands on he first and last Bugatti Veyrons off the production line.