Charles Barkley net worth and salary: Charles Barkley is a retired professional basketball player and current television sports analyst who has a net worth of $40 million. Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He attended Auburn University from 1981 to 1984 and was then drafted as the fifth pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player for sixteen years, playing for the Philadelphia 76ers, the Phoenix Suns, and the Houston Rockets. He was an NBA All-Star eleven times and an NBA MVP once in 1993. During his playing career, Charles Barkley earned a total of $40.3 million in salary alone. His peak salary year was his final season with the Houston Rockets in 1999 when he was paid $9 million. Charles Barkley is a notorious gambler. He has admitted to losing roughly $10 million gambling in his lifetime including $2.5 million lost playing blackjack in under six hours. Throughout his career, Charles has been a popular pitchman for a variety of products. During his career he appeared in a very famous Nike commercial stating "I am not a role model". He has also endorsed McDonald's and T-Mobile. In 2011, Barkley became the main male spokesman for the Weight Watchers "Lose Like a Man" campaign. Barkley is also one of the most popular NBA televisions analysts working with the network TNT.
Charles Barkley Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1963 (52 years old)
Basketball player, Announcer, Athlete, Actor, Sports analyst, Author, Spokesperson
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)
251 lbs (114 kg)
The Round Mound of Rebound, Sir Charles, Charles Wade Barkley, Chuck
Here's Exactly How Much Kobe Bryant Made From Salary And Endorsements During His Entire Careeron Dec 1, 2015
10 People Just Paid An Insane Amount Of Money For A Pair Of Eminem's Latest Nike Air Jordanson Dec 1, 2015
Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Announce Staggering Wealth Donation In Honor Of Daughter's Birthon Dec 2, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
How Much Would You Pay To Have Unlimited Flights Around The World Forever?on Dec 1, 2015
Competency Of Viacom Billionaire Called Into Question In Epic And Salacious Courtroom Showdownon Dec 1, 2015
After Gathering Dust In A Barn For 40 Years, A Classic Bentley Owned By James Bond Writer Ian Fleming Is Now For Saleon Dec 1, 2015
5-Hour Energy Drink Billionaire Is Using His Billions And His Brains To Save The World In A Few Very Unique Wayson Dec 1, 2015
The First Lamborghini Model Ever Made Is Now Selling For $1 Millionon Dec 1, 2015
Charles Barkley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$1,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$2,250,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$4,695,000
- Phoenix Suns (1995-96)$4,760,000
- Phoenix Suns (1994-95)$4,030,000
- Phoenix Suns (1993-94)$3,250,000
- Phoenix Suns (1992-93)$2,420,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1991-92)$3,200,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1990-91)$2,900,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1988-89)$1,536,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1987-88)$822,500
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$437,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption ChargesIt's not a great time to be getting kickbacks in Brazil, and it's not a great time to be the one making the kickbacks, either.
- How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USFun Fact: Did you know that Ben Carson's business manager is also the country's largest black TV station owner?! Well, you do now!
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving PledgePrince Alwaleed bin Talal has a net worth of $32 billion and he wants to spend it all to save and unify the world. He has joined The Giving Pledge to do so...