Charles Barkley net worth and salary: Charles Barkley is a retired professional basketball player and current television sports analyst who has a net worth of $40 million. Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He attended Auburn University from 1981 to 1984 and was then drafted as the fifth pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player for sixteen years, playing for the Philadelphia 76ers, the Phoenix Suns, and the Houston Rockets. He was an NBA All-Star eleven times and an NBA MVP once in 1993. During his playing career, Charles Barkley earned a total of $40.3 million in salary alone. His peak salary year was his final season with the Houston Rockets in 1999 when he was paid $9 million. Charles Barkley is a notorious gambler. He has admitted to losing roughly $10 million gambling in his lifetime including $2.5 million lost playing blackjack in under six hours. Throughout his career, Charles has been a popular pitchman for a variety of products. During his career he appeared in a very famous Nike commercial stating "I am not a role model". He has also endorsed McDonald's and T-Mobile. In 2011, Barkley became the main male spokesman for the Weight Watchers "Lose Like a Man" campaign. Barkley is also one of the most popular NBA televisions analysts working with the network TNT.
Charles Barkley Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1963 (52 years old)
Basketball player, Announcer, Athlete, Actor, Sports analyst, Author, Spokesperson
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)
251 lbs (114 kg)
The Round Mound of Rebound, Sir Charles, Charles Wade Barkley, Chuck
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
Charles Barkley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$1,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$2,250,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$4,695,000
- Phoenix Suns (1995-96)$4,760,000
- Phoenix Suns (1994-95)$4,030,000
- Phoenix Suns (1993-94)$3,250,000
- Phoenix Suns (1992-93)$2,420,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1991-92)$3,200,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1990-91)$2,900,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1988-89)$1,536,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1987-88)$822,500
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$437,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Ciara Sues Future Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend FutureCiara is suing Future for an amount that it doesn't look like he would even be able to pay if she wins. Check out the details here.
- Fight With Equipment Manager Will Cost Blake Griffin $859,442Blake Griffin has been out of the Clippers lineup with a quadriceps injury, will miss more time as he recovers from a broken hand, and it looks like he will miss a few more games and lose close to $900K for beating up the team's equipment manager.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Picture Of A Potato? I Hope Not This Much!Johnny Depp; Yoko Ono; Bob Geldof; Dustin Hoffman: for one photographer, they're all mere child's play, compared to a potato.
- Billionaire Roundup: Valentine's Day EditionIt is another week and our favorite billionaires (and millionaires) are out and about in the world doing what they do best: spending money and running their mouths....let's take a look at what they've been up to.