Charles Barkley net worth and salary: Charles Barkley is a retired professional basketball player and current television sports analyst who has a net worth of $40 million. Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He attended Auburn University from 1981 to 1984 and was then drafted as the fifth pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player for sixteen years, playing for the Philadelphia 76ers, the Phoenix Suns, and the Houston Rockets. He was an NBA All-Star eleven times and an NBA MVP once in 1993. During his playing career, Charles Barkley earned a total of $40.3 million in salary alone. His peak salary year was his final season with the Houston Rockets in 1999 when he was paid $9 million. Charles Barkley is a notorious gambler. He has admitted to losing roughly $10 million gambling in his lifetime including $2.5 million lost playing blackjack in under six hours. Throughout his career, Charles has been a popular pitchman for a variety of products. During his career he appeared in a very famous Nike commercial stating "I am not a role model". He has also endorsed McDonald's and T-Mobile. In 2011, Barkley became the main male spokesman for the Weight Watchers "Lose Like a Man" campaign. Barkley is also one of the most popular NBA televisions analysts working with the network TNT.
Charles Barkley Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1963
Basketball player, Announcer, Athlete, Actor, Sports analyst, Author, Spokesperson
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)
251 lbs (114 kg)
The Round Mound of Rebound, Sir Charles, Charles Wade Barkley, Chuck
How A 2-Minute YouTube Video Turned Into A Six-Figure Income And A New Career For One Lucky Fatheron Jul 7, 2015
The 25 Highest Paid Athletes In The World – Who Made The Cut And How Much Did They Make?on Jul 7, 2015
Selling His Terminator Rights For $1 Enabled James Cameron To Earn $700 Million. But It's Still His Biggest Regret.on Jul 6, 2015
Screwed Out Of A Massive Fortune But Still The Reluctant Face Of The Company - The Insane Story Of Burt's Bees Founder Burt Shavitzon Jul 6, 2015
Carli Lloyd's Popularity Is Skyrocketing – But Will Her Bank Balance Do The Same?on Jul 7, 2015
If His Extreme Bad Luck Continues, Australian Billionaire Andrew Forrest Will Be A FORMER Billionaire Very Soonon Jul 7, 2015
The 40 Richest Americans Of All Time – Inflation Adjustedon Jul 4, 2015
The Absolutely Incredible Life And Death Of The Original Russian Oligarch, Boris Berezovskyon Jul 7, 2015
The Grateful Dead Is An Iconic Band Making Their Final Rounds.. So How Much Are They All Worth After 50 Years?on Jul 6, 2015
Wait Till You Hear How Much Lil Wayne Charges For A 15 Minute Club Performance...on Jul 5, 2015
Charles Barkley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$1,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$2,250,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$4,695,000
- Phoenix Suns (1995-96)$4,760,000
- Phoenix Suns (1994-95)$4,030,000
- Phoenix Suns (1993-94)$3,250,000
- Phoenix Suns (1992-93)$2,420,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1991-92)$3,200,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1990-91)$2,900,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1988-89)$1,536,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1987-88)$822,500
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$437,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Carli Lloyd's Popularity Is Skyrocketing – But Will Her Bank Balance Do The Same?For the foreseeable future, the most popular woman in the United States is going to be soccer star Carli Lloyd. Making Women's World Cup history will do that, but will her popularity help her make more money?
- If His Extreme Bad Luck Continues, Australian Billionaire Andrew Forrest Will Be A FORMER Billionaire Very SoonA precipitous drop in the global commodities markets is quickly eating away at the fortune of Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest. How low will his net worth go??!!
- The Absolutely Incredible Life And Death Of The Original Russian Oligarch, Boris BerezovskyCar bombs, billion dollar lawsuits, feuds with Vladimir Putin... Boris Berezovsky, the original Russian oligarch, isn't a household name in America but his life story is waiting for a Hollywood treatment.
- The 25 Highest Paid Athletes In The World – Who Made The Cut And How Much Did They Make?We all start out playing our favorite sport for fun, but when we get older sports becomes all about the money. And when you consider the size of these paychecks... it's easy to see why!