Charles Barkley net worth and salary: Charles Barkley is a retired professional basketball player and current television sports analyst who has a net worth of $40 million. Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He attended Auburn University from 1981 to 1984 and was then drafted as the fifth pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player for sixteen years, playing for the Philadelphia 76ers, the Phoenix Suns, and the Houston Rockets. He was an NBA All-Star eleven times and an NBA MVP once in 1993. During his playing career, Charles Barkley earned a total of $40.3 million in salary alone. His peak salary year was his final season with the Houston Rockets in 1999 when he was paid $9 million. Charles Barkley is a notorious gambler. He has admitted to losing roughly $10 million gambling in his lifetime including $2.5 million lost playing blackjack in under six hours. Throughout his career, Charles has been a popular pitchman for a variety of products. During his career he appeared in a very famous Nike commercial stating "I am not a role model". He has also endorsed McDonald's and T-Mobile. In 2011, Barkley became the main male spokesman for the Weight Watchers "Lose Like a Man" campaign. Barkley is also one of the most popular NBA televisions analysts working with the network TNT.
Charles Barkley Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1963 (53 years old)
Basketball player, Announcer, Athlete, Actor, Sports analyst, Author, Spokesperson
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)
251 lbs (114 kg)
The Round Mound of Rebound, Sir Charles, Charles Wade Barkley, Chuck
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawkeron May 28, 2016
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil Independenceon May 28, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
Charles Barkley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$1,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$2,250,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$4,695,000
- Phoenix Suns (1995-96)$4,760,000
- Phoenix Suns (1994-95)$4,030,000
- Phoenix Suns (1993-94)$3,250,000
- Phoenix Suns (1992-93)$2,420,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1991-92)$3,200,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1990-91)$2,900,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1988-89)$1,536,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1987-88)$822,500
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$437,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.
- Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria GroupThe family of late San Diego baseball star Tony Gwynn blames tobacco industry for his death and files lawsuit against Altria Group.
- One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of MoneyIt all came down to a single vote. And that single vote would have made Anthony Davis $24 million richer.