Charles Barkley net worth and salary: Charles Barkley is a retired professional basketball player and current television sports analyst who has a net worth of $40 million. Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He attended Auburn University from 1981 to 1984 and was then drafted as the fifth pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player for sixteen years, playing for the Philadelphia 76ers, the Phoenix Suns, and the Houston Rockets. He was an NBA All-Star eleven times and an NBA MVP once in 1993. During his playing career, Charles Barkley earned a total of $40.3 million in salary alone. His peak salary year was his final season with the Houston Rockets in 1999 when he was paid $9 million. Charles Barkley is a notorious gambler. He has admitted to losing roughly $10 million gambling in his lifetime including $2.5 million lost playing blackjack in under six hours. Throughout his career, Charles has been a popular pitchman for a variety of products. During his career he appeared in a very famous Nike commercial stating "I am not a role model". He has also endorsed McDonald's and T-Mobile. In 2011, Barkley became the main male spokesman for the Weight Watchers "Lose Like a Man" campaign. Barkley is also one of the most popular NBA televisions analysts working with the network TNT.
Charles Barkley Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1963 (53 years old)
Basketball player, Announcer, Athlete, Actor, Sports analyst, Author, Spokesperson
United States of America
6 ft 5 in (1.98 m)
251 lbs (114 kg)
The Round Mound of Rebound, Sir Charles, Charles Wade Barkley, Chuck
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net Worthon May 2, 2016
The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians Shopon May 2, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
Charles Barkley Earnings
Click to Expand
- Houston Rockets (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1998-99)$1,000,000
- Houston Rockets (1997-98)$2,250,000
- Houston Rockets (1996-97)$4,695,000
- Phoenix Suns (1995-96)$4,760,000
- Phoenix Suns (1994-95)$4,030,000
- Phoenix Suns (1993-94)$3,250,000
- Phoenix Suns (1992-93)$2,420,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1991-92)$3,200,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1990-91)$2,900,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1988-89)$1,536,000
- Philadelphia 76ers (1987-88)$822,500
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$437,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last YearSoon-Shiong is the billionaire chief executive of the biotech company NantKwest Inc., for which he reportedly received a pay package potentially valued at nearly $150 million.
- Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?It's rare to see a player spend 20 seasons with the same team. But Kobe Bryant did it, and he made a lot of money along the way.
- The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer EnyaWould you be surprised to learn that Enya has more money than Adele and has sold more records than One Direction? Would it shock you to find out she lives in a castle full of cats and her neighbor is Bono? This is the weird world in which the Irish singer Enya lives.
- Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism AccusationsLegendary rock band Led Zeppelin lost its latest bid to prevent a trial over allegations it plagiarized its iconic Stairway to Heaven song. A judge recently ruled that there was enough evidence to bring the lawsuit to trial.